Print Friendly Recipe
- helen batenhorst
- 4 or more dried chinese mushrooms, soaked in warm water for 30 minutes
- 4 oz (112 grm). pork or chicken
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). package fresh tofu
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) chicken stock
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) rice vinegar
- salt and ground white pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cornstarch paste to thicken
- Squeeze the soaked mushrooms dry, then discard the hard stalks.
- Thinly shred the mushrooms, meat, tofu and bamboo shoots.
- Bring the stock to a rolling boil in a wok and add the shredded ingt=redients.
- Bring back to a boil and simmer for about 1 minute.
- Add the wine or sherry, soy sauce and vinegar and season.
- Bring back to a boil, then add the cornstarch paste.
- Stir until thickened and serve.
- My son loves hot and sour soup so I searched and this is the closest I came. It's very good.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.