Print Friendly Recipe
- 6 cups (1425 ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped onion
- 1 cup (225 ml) of beer *any kind but dark*
- 1 celery-root, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) chopped parsley
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) thyme
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) marjoram
- a few shakes of tabasco sauce or pinch of cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute all vegetables in butter in a stockpot until browned.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for the parsley.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- I like to serve this with cheddar bread, salad, and polish sausages.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.