Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 8 or more boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 2 8 oz (224 grm). containers plain low-fat yogurt
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 4 tsp (20 ml) ground cumin
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chili powder
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp (10 ml) paprika
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) turmeric
- Rinse and pat chicken dry.
- Cut several slits across the top of each piece.
- Combine remaining ingredients in large bowl to make marinade.
- Add chicken to yogurt mixture and coat well.
- Let marinade 24 to 48 hours turning occasionally.
- Grill on outdoor barbecue or bake in in oven at 400 degrees (200 C.) turning once for 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Serve with Spiced Couscous (recipe also in Online Cookbook).
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.