Print Friendly Recipe
- Versatile recipe you can easily modify to suit your family, and it's quick and delicious.
- Judy C.
- 8 chicken breast tenderloins, or 2 split boneless breasts
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) flour plus 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour, separated
- 1 tsp (5 ml). parsley
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). garlic powder
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can chicken broth
- 4 Tbsp (60 ml). garlic-flavored oil
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Put in a bag (for shaking) flour, parsley, salt, paprika and garlic powder.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet.
- Shake chicken in the bag; put into the skillet and cook until done, about 6 - 8 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a serving dish (make sure it is deep enough to hold the sauce you will pour over it).
- In the hot skillet, add approximately 2 Tblsp. flour and 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt.
- Stir with a fork until you have a nice roux.
- Add the can of chicken broth, and cook on medium heat until thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken, and serve.
- Just for a change, sometimes I cut the chicken into chunks, add chopped mushrooms to the chicken while cooking, and serve it over bow-tie pasta. My kids used to call this particular version Hoity Toity Chicken. However I fix it, there's never any left, and they always say they wish I had made more!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.