Print Friendly Recipe
- Momma Thyme
- 1 cup (225 ml) ricotta cheese, Italian style
- 1 cup (225 ml) confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sour cream
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) coffee liqueur
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) shortbread cookie crumbs (about 20 2-inch cookies)
- 1 21 oz (588 grm). can cherry filling and topping
- Grated chocolate, for garnish
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- In large mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, confectioners' sugar, sour cream, and coffee liqueur; mix well. Set aside.
- In an electric blender or food processor container, process cookies, in small batches, until finely crushed.
- Remove 6 cherries from cherry filling; reserve for garnish.
- To assemble dessert, spoon 2 tbsp (30 ml) ricotta cheese mixture into each of 6 8 oz (224 grm). parfait glasses.
- Add 2 tbsp (30 ml) cookie crumbs to each glass; top each with 2 tbsp (30 ml) cherry filling.
- Repeat ricotta, crumb and cherry layers.
- Finish each serving with an equal portion of the remaining ricotta cheese mixture.
- Garnish with reserved cherries, grated chocolate and mint leaves, if desired.
- Let chill 2 to 3 hours before serving.
- Recipe from National Cherry Festival, 108 West Grandveiw Parkway, Traverse City, MI 49684
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.