Print Friendly Recipe
- Momma Thyme
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). large fresh mushrooms, cleaned
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) crumbled Bleu cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) dry bread crumbs
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) chives, finely minced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sherry, not the cooking kind, but the drinking kind
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) heavy cream
- Remove stems from mushrooms and place a piece of cheese in each cavity, and set aside.
- Saute crumbs and chives in butter until well coated and add remaining cheese.
- Place a layer of crumbs in a buttered casserole, reserving about 1/4 of the total amount, and add mushrooms, cavity side up.
- Sprinkle with sherry and remaining crumbs, then cover with cream.
- Bake covered for 25 minutes at 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Serve hot.
- Delicious as appetizers or to accompany large luncheon or dinner salads.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.