Print Friendly Recipe
- Momma Thyme
- For each cup of warmed mashed potato use 1 cup (225 ml) minus 2 tbsp (30 ml) unbleached white flour
- 1 egg yolk for every 1 cup (225 ml) of mashed potatoes
- salt, to taste
- pinch of paprika
- pinch of nutmeg
- chopped fresh parsley in desired amount
- Add the warm potatoes and flour, egg yolk, and seasonings, and knead on a floured surface just until dough is well mixed and not sticky. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll chunks of dough on floured board into logs about 1 inch thick.
- Cut into diagonal slices about 1/4 to 3/4 inches thick, and score if you like like shells or leave them plain.
- Bring a large pot of water, at least 6 quarts (5675 ml) for every 3 cups (700 ml) of gnocchi, to the boil.
- Add gnocchi.
- After they rise to the surface, adjust heat and simmer for 10 minutes, uncovered.
- Drain well and cover with your favorite pasta sauce or saute them in butter, parmesan cheese, onion, garlic and salt and pepper to taste or blend into a rich alfredo sauce or cheese sauce.
- Do not overwork the gnocchi or they will be too tough. Use unbleached or semolina flour for best results. If you score the gnocchi, the sauces and/or butters will stick to them better.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.