Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) fresh corn
- 4 eggs, (use Jumbo or 5, eggs used to be larger)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) flour
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- Heat the butter in a frying pan over a surface burner.
- Put the corn in a sauce pan and heat.
- Separate the eggs and beat the whites; then the yolks in a different bowl.
- Add the flour, heated corn, and seasoning to the yolks.
- Fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Pour into the hot frying pan and bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 25 minutes.
- Another great Heritage Recipe. I remember this as a very little girl eating this up at the lake cabin in the summer. It was served with grated cheese on top or a heated cream cheese and milk "sauce" and crisp buttery toasted slice of homemade bread from the wood stove she used until the mid-60's.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.