Print Friendly Recipe
- A really simple, but delicious vegetable and rice bake.
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) onions, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) celery, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 cup (225 ml) mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) rice
- 1 bouillon cube
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 3-1/2 cups (825 ml) cold water
- Put the butter in a casserole and when the melted, add the sliced onions.
- Brown over a surface burner or in the oven at 500 degrees (250 C.) while preparing the rest of the vegetables.
- When the onions are brown add the remaining sliced vegetables, rice, bouillon cube, seasoning and water.
- Cover tightly and bake at 275 degrees (125 C.) for 3 hours.
- Note: It doesn't say so in the recipe, but I would dissolve the bouillon cube in the water BEFORE adding it to the dish. Heck, I was surprised to even SEE a bouillon cube asked for, I didn't know they were invented back in the early 20's!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.