Print Friendly Recipe
- Delicious and succulent shrimp with an oriental flare. VERY good for summer gatherings.
- S. Chokel
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) soy sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry sherry
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) peanut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh ginger, grated
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). jumbo shrimp, cleaned, shelled, and deveined
- Mix to blend the soy sauce, sherry, oil, garlic, and ginger in a huge plastic zip locking bag or very secure locking large bowl, like a tupperware or rubber maid type, reserve 1/2 cup (125 ml) of mixed marinade for basting while grilling.
- After you the marinade is mixed, add the shrimp and marinate for at least 4-6 hours and up to overnight.
- Soak bamboo or wood skewers in water for at least 4 hours.
- Put the shrimp on skewers.
- Broil or grill close to heat for 4 minutes on each side, basting with reserved marinade.
- Serve hot off the grill.
- Wonderful to make, serve with grilled slices of pineapple, a nice thick NY strip steak, and lots of margaritas or a great cold beer! If you don't "drink", make ice cubes out of a watery-ish white grape juice and plunk down into a glass and pour a concoction of equal parts of gingerale, lime juice and cranberry cocktail.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.