Print Friendly Recipe
- Arizona Tart (via the Internet)
Serves/Makes:15 small pancakes
- 2 cups (475 ml) all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp (20 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) ground nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) ground allspice
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) mashed, cooked pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- Optional Garnish: Soaked raisins and toasted nut meats.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and sugar.
- In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and blend well, but do not overwork, (the pancakes will be tough if you do).
- Cook the pancakes by pouring about 1/2 to 3/4 cup (175 ml) batter onto a hot, greased griddle.
- Cook until the bottom is lightly brown and bubbles form. Turn and cook the other side.
- Serve with whipped unsalted butter mixed with pure maple syrup.
- Garnish if you like.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.