Print Friendly Recipe
- Nice entree salad for lunches or dinners. Great flavors for zippy days!
- Laura and Jay's Mom
Serves/Makes:2 or more
- Salad Ingredients:
- 1 large bowl of Mesculin or mixed greens salad mix
- 2 Granny Smith apples, unpeeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups (475 ml) cooked roasted or grilled chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Bleu cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) of toasted walnuts
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 tsp (5 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) extra virgin olive oil (or more to taste)
- Combine salad greens and apples in a large bowl; toss with the olive oil.
- In a separate bowl, mix the garlic, salt and pepper and the vinegars together.
- Add olive oil and whisk it together; set aside.
- Place the walnuts, chicken and blue cheese on top to make a nice presentation.
- Add the viniagrette dressing before serving, toss and serve.
- If you do not like Bleu Cheese, use Feta Cheese, or even a nice tangy goat cheese. One of our family members likes this with thick grated swiss cheese.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.