Print Friendly Recipe
- La Sante
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 red pepper, sliced into strips 1 1/2 inch (4cm)
- 1 onion halved lengthwise and thin sliced
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). butternut squash, peeled, cut into large pieces and thin sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sage
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh parmasean
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) bread crumbs (fine dry)
- 6 phyllo pastry sheets
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) melted butter
- Heat half of oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high.
- Add onion, pepper, and garlic; cook 5 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Reduce heat and add rest of oil; heat on medium.
- Add squash, cook 8 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in salt, pepper, sage, and cool in bowl.
- Combine cheese and bread crumbs into seperate bowl.
- Brush one phyllo sheets with butter and sprinkle 1 tbsp (15 ml) bread crumb mixture.
- Layer four more sheets buttering and using bread crumb mixture on each.
- Top with remaining sheet of phyllo and brush with butter.
- Spoon a 3-inch wide strip of squash mixture lengthwise down pastry 2-inches from edge.
- Fold 1-inch of pastry ends over filling and carefully roll up pastry around filling.
- Place seam side down on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush remaining butter over roll.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Cut diagonal slits in top of pastry.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until golden.
- Nice light summer side dish. It can make ahead up to 4 hours before baking.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.