Print Friendly Recipe
- La Sante
Serves/Makes:2 or more
- 1 lb (.5 kg). penne pasta
- 1 tsp (5 ml) olive oil
- 4 bacon strips chopped
- 3 medium raw tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) basil
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) minced garlic
- 1 medium head garlic
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) white wine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) parmasan cheese, grated
- fresh basil
- Slice top off garlic head, drizzle olive oil over top, and roast on pan in oven.
- Cook pasta.
- Squeeze roasted garlic into a skillet and add chopped bacon and minced garlic.
- Reduce by cooking.
- Add wine to reduction and cook 2 minutes, then add cream and basil.
- Slowly stir in parmesan once cream bubbles; blend until smooth.
- Add chopped tomatoes.
- Add cooked pasta.
- Toss together and add more cheese and basil on top of each dish.
- Very nice summer dish.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.