Print Friendly Recipe
- Pillsbury, Breakfasts, Brunches, & Lunchs Cook book
Serves/Makes:8 (1/2 cup) servings
- 1 cup (225 ml) honeydew melon balls or cubes
- 1 cup (225 ml) watermelon balls or cubes
- 1 cup (225 ml) cantaloupe melon balls or cubes
- 2 large nectarines or peaches, peeled, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) strawberries, halved, if desired
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) honey
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lime juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) orange-flavoured liqueur or orange juice
- In small saucepan, combine honey and water, bring to boil. Reduce heat: simmer 5 minutes. Stir in lime juice and orange liqueur. Cool completely.
- In small bowl, combine fruit.
- Pour marinade over fruit; mix gently.
- Cover; refrigerate 1 to 2 hours to blend flavours.
- I use whatever fruit is in season, or whatever I have on hand. I have put in grapefruit, oranges or frozen fruit as well. For the marinade, I use just enough to coat the fruit and have kept the excess in a jar and refrigerated it for several weeks with no problems. I make up small batches of fruit, as needed. I also grate fresh ginger to add to the marinade.(about 1 T). Great at this time of the year. Enjoy!!
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.