Print Friendly Recipe
- Terri Mck
- 3 whole lobster, 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). each steamed or boiled
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsalted butter
- 7 tsp (35 ml). medium dry sherry
- 10 tsp (50 ml). brandy
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). nutmeg
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 4 large egg yolks, beaten
- mini toasts, as an accompaniment
- Break claws and crack them, remove meat, cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Halve lobster lengthwise, remove meat from tails, cut into 1/2 pieces.
- In heavy saucepan add meat, butter, and cook 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add 6 tbsp (90 ml) sherry and 3 tbsp (45 ml) brandy to meat and mix well; transfer lobster to bowl and reserve mixture.
- Add cream and sherry reserve to pan and reduce to half, about 1 cup; cook on medium-low heat.
- Turn to low heat and add remaining sherry, brandy, nutmeg, cayenne, and salt.
- Whisk in egg yolks, whisking constantly.
- Cook 3 minutes.
- Use cooking thermometer, done when registere 140 degrees (60 C.).
- Stir in lobster.
- Serve over mini toast, and with dry white wine.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.