Print Friendly Recipe
- A sweetish yellow tea cake/loaf
- 7 oz (196 grm). margarine
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) self-rising flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) custard powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- cream cheese frosting, optional
- Melt margarine (microwaving on HIGH for 30 seconds works well).
- Combine all ingredients and beat with an electric beater for approximately 4 minutes.
- Pour into a greased loaf tin or cake tin.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for approximately 30 minutes.
- This cake is good warm or cold. It does not need icing, in my opinion, but you could ice with a cream cheese style frosting.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.