Print Friendly Recipe
- Gerry Lefevers Oatmeal Cookies everyone loves
- Ann Arber
- 1 cup (225 ml) shortening
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 3 cups (700 ml) oatmeal
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) currants (can use chopped raisins)
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients, then nuts,and currants.
- Roll into two rolls in waxed paper.
- 1/4 Slice " thick.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for about 10 minutes.
- Let cool a minute on the sheet.
- My Mother would make these all the time when we were growing up. My brothers would hunt for the hidden cookie cans so enthralled were they by these cookies. Hahahaha My own children and grandchildren now smile when they know I am baking them too.
I let them brown a bit as I like crisp cookies.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.