Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 4 lb (1.8 kg). boneless leg of lamb OR
- 8 shoulder lamb chops
- 8 slivers garlic
- 8 small carrots, cut in half
- 8 small white onions
- 8 small stalks celery, cut into 20 inch pieces
- 8 small potatoes, peeled, halved, and buttered with 4 tbsp (60 ml) melted butter
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dried oregano
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dried mint
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- If using leg of lamb, cut meat into eight 4 to 5-inch serving pieces.
- Make incisions in meat and insert slivers of garlic.
- Place each piece of meat on a large square of heavy-duty aluminium foil.
- Distribute the vegetables evenly among the eight packets.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice, salt, pepper, oregano, and mint.
- Fold the foil in double fold at top and seal like a package.
- Arrange packages close together in a baking pan and bake 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Serve each foil package, sealed, on dinner plate and let each guest open his own.
- Variation: Other vegetables can be used, such as 4 small courgettes, cut up; 4 ripe tomatoes, quartered; 4 green peppers, cut into eighths; 2 medium aubergines, peeled and cubed; 8 artichoke hearts, or 8 whole large mushrooms.
You could alternatively just cook the whole lot in a casserole with a really tight fitting lid if you cannot be bothered with all this 8 bits of stuff business!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.