Print Friendly Recipe
- Christine Niemann
- 1 cup (225 ml) yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sugar
- 2-1/2 tsp (12.5 ml) baking powder
- 3/4 salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) cold butter or margarine
- 1 cup (225 ml) buttermilk
- In a bowl combine flour, cake mix, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Cut in butter.
- Stir in the buttermilk just until combined.
- Turn onto a flour surface.
- Divide dough in half.
- Shape each portion into a ball and pat into a circle.
- Cut each circle into six wedges.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 15-20 minutes or until golden
- Serve these scones with Devonshire Cream or jam.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.