Print Friendly Recipe
- Used on pulled pork bbq sandwiches
- The Ultimate barbecue Sauce Cookbook/Jim Auchmutey /Susan P.
Serves/Makes:1 quart plus
- 1 quart (950 ml) cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). salt, or to taste
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). ground red pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml). ground black pepper
- In a large container combine ingredients.
- Let stand for at least 4 hours.
- Store unused sauce indefinitely in a cool, dark place.
- Use on pulled pork sandwiches.
I have used this recipe and it is excellent!
I found it in "The Ultimate Barbecue Sauce Cookbook",
by Jim Auchmutey and Susan Puckett.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.