Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). golden delicious apples, peeled and sliced 1/2" thick
- 1 lb (.5 kg). tart apples, peeled and sliced 1/2" thick
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) salted butter
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) flour
- pinch cinnamon, optional
- Mix apples with sugar and flour.
- Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat butter in a large skillet, saute apples in a thin layer for 5-8 minutes until browned slightly and softened.
- You might have to fry the apples in two or more rounds, so as not to crowd them (crowded apples turn out soupy and/or mushy).
- If there is a lot of juice, scoop out the fruit and cook the juice down for a few miutes until thickened.
- This also makes a tasty tart filling.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.