Print Friendly Recipe
- Terri Mck
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 to 2 bags uncooked penne
- 6 bottles of Classico Tomato and Herb pasta sauce
- 6 packages Hilshire hotlink, Cajun, or Italian, cooked sausage links
- 1 bottle dry white wine
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) grated parmasen cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) fresh chopped parsley
- Add in large pot all bottles of the brand name Classico Sauce, cook on med-low heat.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta, drain, reserve.
- In 2 large skillets on medium heat add oil to each, about 2 tbsp
- Add sausages to each pan, lightly brown each side.
- Remove sausages from pan and place on cutting board.
- Cut each sausage into 1/2-inch pieces, like quarters.
- Once cut add sausages back to each pan, don't over crowd, you need to cook until inside is lightly brown.
- Once cooked distribute chopped garlic evenly to each pan.
- Pour in about 1/2 cup (125 ml) or little more of wine, into each pan, cook until reduced to almost nothing, scrape bottom and blend into sauce well.
- Add cooked sausages to tomato sauce, cook about 10-15 minutes.
- Make sure to pour all the drippings from each pan into sauce, blend well.
- Remove from heat, add pasta to sauce, then add cheese and parsley, toss and serve.
- Serve dish with same wine used for cooking.
- This is a fabulous dish and it get's even more flavourful when it's been sitting around for a while. Serve this easy dish and you can't go wrong, plus you have lots to work with when serving your guests.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.