Print Friendly Recipe
- If food was heaven, this might be IT!
- S. Chokel
- 1 whole egg
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) whipping cream
- 4 oz (112 grm). white chocolate, very finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla
- 4 tsp (20 ml) sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.) with rack in center of the oven.
- Whisk eggs and 2 tbsp (30 ml) of sugar in a medium bowl.
- Bring cram and remaining sugar to simmer in heavy medium saucepan.
- Reduce heat.
- Gradually add chopped chocolate to cream mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Gradually whisk hot chocolate mixture into egg mixture.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Ladle custard into four 6 oz (168 grm). to 9 oz (252 grm). custard cups or ramekins.
- Place cups in a large baking pan.
- Add enough hot water to baking pan to come halfway up the sides of the cups.
- Bake until a sharp knife comes out dry when inserted into center of custards.
- They will continue to firm as they cool.
- Remove from water and cool.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, preheat broiler and sprinkle 1 tsp (5 ml) of sugar over each custard.
- Broil until the sugar caramelizes, watching carefully, about 2 minutes.
- Serve them warm or cold.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries, a sprig of mint, and a white and one dark chocolate curl.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.