Print Friendly Recipe
- Long standing Eagle Brand's Sweetened Condensed Milk recipe that is the Gold Standard!!
- Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk Internet Site via Peek
Serves/Makes:1 15x10 cake (Jelly Roll Pan)
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) instant coffee
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 2 cups (475 ml) unsifted flour
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 14 oz (392 grm). can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (225 ml) confectioners sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) toasted slivered almonds or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- In small saucepan, melt 1 cup (225 ml) margarine.
- Stir in 1/4 cup (60 ml) cocoa and 1 tbsp (15 ml) coffee, then water.
- Bring to a boil; remove from heat.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add cocoa mixture; mix well.
- Stir in 1/3 cup (80 ml) sweetened condensed milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Pour into greased 15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan.
- Bake 15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- In small saucepan, melt remaining 1/4 cup (60 ml) margarine; stir in remaining 1/4 cup (60 ml) cocoa and 1 tbsp (15 ml) coffee.
- Add remaining sweetened condensed milk; stir in confectioners sugar and nuts.
- Spread on warm cake.
- See the whole recipe and a picture at Eagle Brand's Site:
Attention chocolate lovers! Enjoy the taste of moist, rich chocolate cake topped with a silky chocolate frosting with almonds.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.