Print Friendly Recipe
- Old Timey recipe for the perfect accompaniment to any summer meal, even wonderful in winter or for holidays!
- Michael's Baby Cakes
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and sliced 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick
- 1 large Vidalia or Walla Walla Sweet onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup (225 ml) sour cream
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- Optional, finely chopped fresh dill
- Peel and slice cucumbers into a bowl.
- Add sweet onions.
- Add sour cream, salt and pepper to taste, and optional dill and carefully blend in the sour cream so all cucumbers and onions are coated.
- Serve chilled.
- Note: Some people like a bit of sugar to their salad, be cautious how much you add, about a teaspoon is fine for most, not more than a tablespoon is considered fairly sweet for this recipe.
Note: Some cooks like to salt, drain and rinse their cucumbers prior to making this salad. That is entirely up to you, however, fresh sliced cucumbers with all their natural water is usually best in the summer months.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.