Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:Frosts 1 2-layer cake
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white corn syrup
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) water
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- Put sugar, corn syrup and water in a saucepan.
- When the mixtures starts to boil, beat egg whites until stiff.
- Boil mixture rapidly until it "spins a tail" 6-8 inches long.
- After the mixture has spun, pour (while hot) into egg whites slowly.
- Beat until frosting peaks.
- Add vanilla.
- We like this so much that we always double the frosting amount.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.