Print Friendly Recipe
- Banana Split Dessert
Serves/Makes:one 11by15 pan
- 2 or 3 bananas
- 1/2 gallon (1.9 ltr) Neopolitan ice cream
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) to 1 cup (225 ml) chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (225 ml) chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) evaporated milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 1 pint whipping cream
- graham cracker crumbs
- cherries, pineapple, and other toppings optional
- Cover the bottom of an 11 x 15 inch pan with graham cracker crumbs to make a crust.
- Slice bananas and layer over crust.
- Slice ice cream into 1/2 inch slices and place over bananas.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts over ice cream.
- Freeze until firm.
- Melt chocolate chips in the butter and add powdered sugar and evaporated milk.
- Cook until thick and smooth.
- Then add vanilla and cool.
- Put chocolate mixture over ice cream.
- Whip the cream and spread over the top.
- Put back in freezer until firm.
- Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.
- Could be topped with cherries, pineapple or whatever strikes your fancy.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.