Print Friendly Recipe
- Marinated shrimp, a great party dish
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). shrimp
- 1 cup (225 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped celery
- 2 tsp (10 ml). chopped green pepper
- 2 tsp (10 ml). salt
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) Creole Mustard
- 1 tsp (5 ml). black pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cayenne pepper
- 4 bay leaves or more
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Shrimp boil or pickling spices
- Boil shrimp with shrimp boil or pickling spices.
- Allow shrimp to cool then peel
- Alternate shrimp, onions, celery bay leaves and lemon
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour this sauce over shrimp
- Refrigerate and marinate 24 hours.
- Serve with lots of toothpicks and Ritz crackers.
- The onions and celery are as good as the shrimp. I have been making this for 42 years. There are never any left overs. One of my daughter-in-laws made this recipe using 10 pounds of shrimp for a recent party. She said they went very quickly. ENJOY!!
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.