Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:7 pints or more
- 12 cups (2825 ml) chopped tomatoes (I use Roma)
- 3 cups (700 ml) chopped celery
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped onions
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped green pepper
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) white vinegar
- 16 oz (448 grm). can tomato paste
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) mustard seed
- hot peppers, to taste (I usually put in at least 3 jalapino peppers but taste first and add more if desired.)
- Combine tomatoes, celery, onions and green pepper.
- Cover and let sit overnight.
- The next morning, drain well and put in a large pot.
- Add sugar, vinegar, tomato paste, mustard seed and hot peppers (to taste).
- Bring to boil stirring constantly, and than simmer on low for about an hour, stirring occasionally till desired consistency.
- Bottle in sterilized jars.
- Makes about 7-8 half pint jars. Serve with nacho chips.
I make this every year with produce from my garden. Enjoy...
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.