Print Friendly Recipe
- Rump or sirloin steak with green or black peppercorns
- 4 rump or sirloin steaks
- black or fresh green whole peppers,to taste
- Marinade :
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar or red wine
- 1 or more cloves garlic, to taste
- 1 tsp (5 ml). herbs, fresh or dried (I like rosemary but mixed are fine)
- chopped onion (optional)
- Mix all ingredients for marinade.
- Trim any excess fat from steaks.
- Place steaks in a dish large enough to hold all four steaks on one layer.
- Pour over marinade and leave for at least 1 hour (longer is better) in refridgerator.
- Heat grill and place steaks on rack, and grill for about five minutes on each side. (Longer if you like it well done).
- Add peppercorns as the steak is turned. (If you like it very peppery, put some on the first side as well - my family love it like this).
- I sometimes use a pinch each of cinnamon and nutmeg instead of the herbs to give a different dish.
More olive oil may be added (or less vinegar) but I can't cope with too much oil.
Quick tip: Add 1 t. English mustard to the marinade instead of the garlic. It gives a milder flavour.
Good cooked on the BBQ as well!
You can cut the onion into rings and grill with the steak.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.