Print Friendly Recipe
- Chinese dish with Western flair ie. includes ingredients such as milk and mayonnaise
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) walnuts
- 5 cups (1175 ml) water
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) oil
- 16 medium prawns, peeled and cleaned
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cornstarch
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) egg whites
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) oil
- Honey Mayonnaise:
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). honey
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp (7 ml). condensed milk
- Rinse walnuts; then boil in 5 cups (1175 ml) water, continually changing water until clear
- When clear, add sugar and boil until sugar disolves.
- Heat 2 cups (475 ml) oil until almost smoking.
- Deep fry walnuts until they are shiny and brown (no longer golden).
- Remove walnuts to cookie sheet and let cool.
- Mix cornstarch and egg whites together to form thick, sticky texture.
- Mix well with prawns and set aside.
- Mix honey, mayonaise, lemon juice and condensed milk in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Heat 1/2 cup (125 ml) oil to boiling point and deep fry prawns until golden brown.
- Drain, and then fold in honey-mayonnaise mixture.
- Arrange on platter.
- This is an absolutely luscious dish.
You could, as the Chinese often do, just dust the prawns
with cornstarch rather than making a batter.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.