Print Friendly Recipe
- Diane Saul
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) self-rising flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) buttermilk
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 2 1 oz (28 grm). bottles red food coloring
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp (5 ml) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1/3 sticks butter, softened
- 10 oz (280 grm). cream cheese softened
- 1 lb (.5 kg). box confectioners sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped pecans
- (double this to have plenty of frosting)
- Mix all ingredients together with an electric mixer.
- Spray 3 9 inch round pans with cooking spray or cut waxed paper rounds for pan bottoms to keep from sticking.
- Pour cake batter in and bake 20 minutes.
- Test for doneness with a toothpick.
- Cool layers in pans for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove from pans to cool completely
- Combine butter, cream cheese, and confectioner sugar in bowl.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Fold in pecans.
- Use to fill and frost cake when it is coo.l
- I put the cake in the freezer for a little while before frosting. It makes it easier to frost.
This was given to me by Donna Spiers one of the teachers at school. It is a really moist cake. This is the cake everyone request she bring when we do potluck.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.