Print Friendly Recipe
- Delicious moist quick bread
Serves/Makes:1 large or 2 medium loaves
- 3 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) granulated sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) ripe figs, mashed
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) peanut oil
- 3 cups (700 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml). baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) buttermilk
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease and flour loaf pans.
- Beat eggs, add sugar and beat well.
- Add fig puree and oil.
- Sift together flour, soda salt and cinnamon.
- Add the fig mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- Beat well; fold in pecans.
- Place in prepared pans and bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
- A pleasant change from the usual quick breads.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.