Print Friendly Recipe
- Sheri Padzensky
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound of bacon (or 2 tbsp (30 ml) of bacon bits) preferably fresh
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt and white pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml). garlic powder
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cornstarch
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water (COLD water a must)
- 2 quarts (1900 ml) heavy cream
- 2 quarts (1900 ml) milk (not skim)
- Saute onion in 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter until transparent.
- Cook bacon until crisp (do not drain). You can cook the onion and the bacon together.
- Pour in both cans of corn and the milk; bring to a soft boil.
- Add spices.
- In a seperate bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water.
- When the milk and corn mixture is at a soft boil, put in cornstach mixture to thicken.
- Let simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- This is a recipe that I use at the restaraunt where I am a chef. I also use this recipe at home, it is very good,,,,And NO it is NOT fat free.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.