Print Friendly Recipe
- A restaraunt style cheese dip
- Sheri Padzensky
Serves/Makes:4 cups approx.
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) veg. oil
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) canned tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) paprika
- garlic powder, to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) each, flour and COLD water
- 2 cups (475 ml) of your favorite yellow cheese, works great with American
- tortilla chips
- Combine oil, onion, salt, tomatoes, cayenne, sugar, paprika and garlic powder in a heavy pot and simmer 25 to 30 minutes over medium heat.
- Mix flour and COLD water.
- Gradually add to onion mixture stirring constantly until thick and very smooth.
- While constantly stirring add cheese slowly.
- When mixture becomes thick and smooth, remove from heat and enjoy.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips.
- This is a great party cheese dip. It is quite a hit at my parties.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.