Print Friendly Recipe
- Ginger flavored rice with snow peas
- 2 cups (475 ml) long grain rice
- 3 cups (700 ml) cold water
- 1 tsp (5 ml). or more, to your taste, finely grated ginger
- 2 or more cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg). snow peas, chopped
- Wash rice in several changes of water until water runs clear.
- Place rice in a 3 quarts (2850 ml) saucepan that has a tight fitting lid.
- Add water, ginger and garlic.
- Bring to a boil, uncovered.
- Reduce heat slightly but continue to cook uncovered until surface water disappears and holes appear in the surface of the rice.
- Cover tightly, turn heat very low and continue to cook 20 minutes.
- Add snow peas and cover.
- Cook 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat and let stand 3 to 5 minutes before serving.
- Stir gently to combine rice with snow peas.
- Good as a side dish, with or without soy sauce or delicious with Ginger Chicken.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.