Print Friendly Recipe
- my friend Angie
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pie crust
- 8 slices bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 2 cups (475 ml) shredded swiss cheese
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) milk
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) grated nutmeg
- Bake pastry shell in a 450 degree (225 C.) oven for 7 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Reserve 2 tbsp (30 ml) bacon.
- Sprinkle remaining bacon and cheese over bottom of pie shell.
- In medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, flour, salt and nutmeg. (Mix the dry ingredients together first, then add a small amount of milk to make a thin paste. Add remaining milk and eggs--this makes the filling less lumpy.)
- Pour egg mixture into pastry shell; sprinkle with reserved bacon.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes before serving.
- I have served this at bridal showers and parties and have always been complimented. Do not leave out the nutmeg. It may sound strange, but it makes a huge difference!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.