Print Friendly Recipe
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) chopped onion
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) diced celery
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) hot water
- 2 cups (475 ml) cubed peeled boiling potatoes, 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cups (700 ml) frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- dash white pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) flour
- 1 quart (950 ml) half and half cream
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and celery and saute 5 minutes until soft but not brown.
- Add water, potatoes, corn, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer until potatoes are barely tender, about 30 minutes.
- Whisk flour into 1 cup (225 ml) half and half.
- Stir into soup.
- Add remaining 3 cups (700 ml) half and half and simmer until soup has thickened to creamy consistency, about 15 minutes.
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- If too thick, add milk; if too thin, simmer 5 to 10 more minutes.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.