Print Friendly Recipe
- 4 cups (950 ml) chicken stock
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1 lb (.5 kg). red skin potatoes, small dice
- 1 cup (225 ml) fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) onion, diced
- 1/2 each red and green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) whole milk, half and half, or cream.
- 1 tsp (5 ml) thyme
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- fresh ground black pepper.
- Saute butter and bacon until slightly browned.
- Add all the vegetables except corn and potatoes.
- Saute 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except for the corn and cream) simmer covered for 20-25 minutes.
- Add the corn and the cream and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- For a southwest flavor, omit the thyme and add 1 T. chili powder, 1 t. cumin, and 1/2 t. cayenne pepper. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.