Print Friendly Recipe
- Lovely Egg/Cheese dish
- Pastry for 9 inch one crust pie
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (225 ml) shreddec Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) finely chopped onion
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups (475 ml) whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) ground red pepper (cayenne)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees (225 C.).
- Prepare pastry. Ease into quiche pan, 9 x 1 1/2 inches or 9 inch pie plate.
- Sprinkle bacon, cheese, and onion in pastry-lined pan.
- Beat eggs slightly, beat in remaining ingredients.
- Pour egg mixture over the bacon/cheese mixture in pan.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperture to 300 degrees (150 C.).
- Bake about 30 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- You can add 1 can of mushrooms, drained and 1 jar of pimentos with the bacon for a mushroom quiche.
Also another version uses seafood. Substitute 1 cup chopped cooked crabmeat, shrimp, fish sticks, or salmon for the bacon and green onion for the onion. Be sure to pat the crabmeat dry.
For a lighter version, use evaporated skim milk for the whipping cream.
You can also use any kind of bought pie crust.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.