Print Friendly Recipe
- Prickly Pear
- 1 uncooked pie crust (9 or 10 inches)
- 12 slices bacon or like amount of ham, cooked and diced
- l c .shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) minced onion
- 1/2 of a green bell pepper, diced
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (475 ml) light cream or whipping cream
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) sugar
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) cayenne (red) pepper
- Heat oven to 425 degrees (225 C.).
- Have pastry ready.
- Sprinkle bacon, cheese and onion and bell pepper in pie pan.
- Beat remaining ingredients together and pour over all in pie shell.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees (150 C.) and bake about 30 minutes longer or until knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean.
- Let pie stand 10 minutes prior to serving.
- This is an easy quick favorite. You can subsitute hamburger for the bacon/ham and cheddar for the cheese and put in a 1/4 t thyme and have another style quiche.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.