Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:1 9-inch pie
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) dark corn syrup
- 1 Tbs (15 ml). grated orange rind
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) orange juice
- 1 Tbs (15 ml). all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped pecans
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pastry shell
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) pecan halves
- Combine first 7 ingredients; beat at medium speed of electric mixer until blended.
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- Pour mixture into unbaked pie shell.
- Arrange pecan halves over top.
- Bake at 350 for 55 to 60 minutes.
- I have never made this pie, but it was in the 1983 Southern Living Annual Recipes. I always put my pecan and chess pies in at 400 F. for 10 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350 F. until they gently shake.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.