Print Friendly Recipe
- Filled with Yumminess
- Katie Prestenbach VIA my aunt Lila
- 1 can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). powdered sugar
- 2 cubes margarine, melted
- 1 small bag coconut
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped walnuts or pecans, divided use
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 box parafin wax
- finely chopped marachino cherries and maybe a little juice if you want color, optional
- chopped nuts, optional
- extra coconut, optional
- Mix everything together but chocolate chips and parafin.
- Chill mix for 1/2 to 1 hour.
- Roll into balls and freeze until solid.
- Melt chocolate chips and one block parafin. (4 blocks in box)
- Dip frozen balls into chocolate mix quickly.
- Dip into chopped nuts or extra coconut or leave plain.
- This is somewhat of a time consuming candy, but very worth it. My aunt Lila gave me this recipe a few years back, because her bon bons are always a big hit. I make them at Christmas time. Make this a treat the family can prepare.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.