Print Friendly Recipe
- A hot and meaty three-bean dish
- Linda Procaccini
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). or more hamburger or ground turkey
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). bacon
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) catsup
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) chopped onion
- 1 lb (.5 kg). can lima or butter beans, undrained
- 1 lb (.5 kg). can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 lb (.5 kg). can pork and beans, undrained
- Brown ground beef; drain.
- Cut bacon into 1" strips.
- Fry bacon; drain.
- Mix remaining ingredients.
- Add ground meat to bean mixture.
- Pour into ovenproof casserole dish.
- Bake, covered, in 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 40 minutes.
- I prefer to use one box of small frozen lima beans instead of canned lima or butter beans.
When served with French, Sourdough or Italian Bread and a tossed salad, this tasty casserole is a perfect meal for a brisk, fall day.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.