Print Friendly Recipe
- Alex Redding
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). fat or oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 3-1/2 lbs (1.6 kg). or larger beef or pork roast
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) inexpensive whisky (I use Crown Royal)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Worcestershire sauce (Lea & Perrins Preferred)
- 2 tsp (10 ml) or more minced garlic
- 6 medium sized potatoes
- 6 carrots
- 1-1/6 onion
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). mushrooms
- Season the flour with salt and pepper and pound the mixture into the meat with a rolling pin, try not to break the surface of the meat.
- Brown meat on all sides in the hot fat or oil.
- Place roast in pan.
- Sprinkle onion soup mix over the top and spoon mushroom soup on top of that.
- Pour in the whisky and Worcestershire and water.
- Cut the potatoes into 1/2 inch slices.
- Cut the carrots into two-inch lengths.
- Cut the onion into 1/4 inch slices.
- Put all the vegetables into the pan, along with the mushrooms & garlic, on and around the meat.
- Cover with foil (or top of roasting pan) to allow room above the vegetables.
- Place in oven at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 3 hours.
- This recipe works very well with crock pots and slow cookers, too.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.