Print Friendly Recipe
- Mountain Home Lodge Bed and Breakfast
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 3/4 pound butter
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) canola oil
- 6 cups (1425 ml) sugar
- 15 eggs, separated
- 3 cups (700 ml) buttermilk
- 3 tsp (15 ml) baking soda
- 6 cups (1425 ml) pastry flour
- 3 tsp (15 ml) vanilla
- 3 cups (700 ml) shredded coconut
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) pecans, roasted and chopped
- Cream butter, oil, and sugar until fluffy.
- Add yolks in 3 parts, beating after each addition.
- Stir baking soda into buttermilk that is in a container at least 4 times its volume.
- Set aside.
- Add sifted flour into batter, alternating with buttermilk. Add vanilla, coconut, and nuts (dust the nuts with flour before adding so they do not settle at the bottom).
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into batter.
- Pour into prepared pans that have been greased and lined with parchment.
- Bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 40 minutes.
- Cool and frost with your favorite cream cheese frosting. You can flavor the frosting with coffee if desired.
- Do not keep this cake out of refrigeration for more than 2 hours.
- This is a real show stopper for a wedding cake or special evening presentation.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.