Print Friendly Recipe
- Candy Couch
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). cinnamon
- 2 cups (475 ml) toasted pecan halves
- Place pecans in large mixing bowl.
- Heat first four ingredients in heavy pan to 242 degrees (125 C.) on candy thermometer.
- Immediately pour sugar mixture over nuts and toss to coat.
- Put on a cookie sheet, cool and separate.
- If the nuts are too sticky, put them into a 150 degree (70 C.) oven for several minutes.
- I have made these for gifts for the holidays for years and everyone loves them! It is best to make them on a day that is not too humid so they will have a nice sugary coating that is not sticky. (I don't worry since I live in the desert now, but making them in Houston was different!)
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.