Print Friendly Recipe
- 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) flour
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) beer
- 4 egg whites, beaten stiff
- 2 6 oz (168 grm). pkgs. processed Swiss Gruyere cheese wedges
- Mix flour and salt with beer.
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Let stand 4 to 6 hours in a warm, not hot, place.
- Cut cheese wedges in half vertically.
- Dip into batter.
- Fry in hot deep fat 375 degrees (200 C.) until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- You can probably adapt this recipe to the fried vegetable bites. Another idea, (I haven't tried it) is to dip the broccoli bites into an beaten egg and then in the breadcrumbs... do this twice to make a good coating. Good Luck. . .
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.