Print Friendly Recipe
- An adhesive bound breading for deep frying
- flour seasoned with salt, pepper and paprika
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 2 tsp (10 ml) to 3 tsp (15 ml) water or milk
- 2 tsp (10 ml) oil
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sifted seasoned dry bread crumbs
- fresh broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- Place seasoned flour in one bowl.
- Mix egg, milk and oil in second bowl.
- Do Not let egg get bubbly as this makes the coating uneven.
- Place dry bread crumbs in third bowl.
- Dip dry food in bowl of seasoned flour.
- Toss it lightly from one palm to the other, patting it gently and encouraging any excess flour to fall off.
- Then slide the flour coated food through the egg mixture allowing any excess to drip off.
- Then place the food in the breadcrumbs.
- See that the breadcrumbs adhere evenly all over.
- Handle the food very gently so that the coating will not be cracked.
- Place on a rack to dry for about 20 minutes before deep drying.
- Do not chill the food before frying as that will make it absorb an undue amount of fat.
This recipe is on page 552 of Joy of Cooking by Irma Rombauer and Marion Rombaujer Becker
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.